Chris Roland - Candidate for PA HD-34
1. Do you support universal background checks, specifically SB88/HB673? Why or why not? *
Yes. We must do everything in our power to guarantee that those with criminal backgrounds and mental illness cannot obtain a firearm.
2. Do you support extreme risk protection orders (red flag laws), specifically SB90/HB1075? Why or why not? *
Yes. We need to ensure that people who are a danger to themselves or others have firearms removed from their possession.
3. A. Do you support support a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines, specifically HB307? Why or why not? *
Yes. These are weapons of war and there is no legitimate reason for a person to own them.
4. Do you support the expansion of firearms preemption, specifically SB531/HB1066? Why or why not? *
I oppose any effort to limit the ability of local municipalities to keep their residents safe from gun violence.
5. What else would you like to let voters know about your stance on firearms legislation? *
I strongly support gun control because it is vital to making our communities safer.