Ed Gainey - Candidate for HD - 24
1. Do you support universal background checks, specifically SB88/HB673? Why or why not? *
Yes I do. I believe that universal background checks are a start to reducing gun violence. All guns transaction should go through a background check so that we can make sure that guns do not fall into the wrong hands. My strong feelings on this issue are why I was one of the co-sponsors of HB673 in the first place.
2. Do you support extreme risk protection orders (red flag laws), specifically SB90/HB1075? Why or why not? *
Yes I do. I was one of the co-sponsors of HB1075 because I believe that if a family believes for any reason that a family member needs to give up their gun the extreme risk order would legally give them the right to do so.
3. A. Do you support support a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines, specifically HB307 (if you are a candidate for State House)? Why or why not? *
Yes I do. I am a strong supporter of a ban on assault weapons. In fact I was the prime sponsor of HB 307 and will continue to work tirelessly to see it one day passed.
4. Do you support the expansion of firearms preemption, specifically SB531/HB1066? Why or why not? *
I absolutely do not support that bill and will actively oppose it.
5. What else would you like to let voters know about your stance on firearms legislation? *
We have the ability and responsibility to protect human life and supporting legislation that produces responsible gun ownership is a way we save lives.