**SUPPORT** The Following Amendments
AMENDMENTS TO SUPPORT
● A01085, Warren: Expands background checks to cover all firearms, including private sale of long guns.
● A01240, Zabel: Includes firearms constructed to evade metal detectors or otherwise not look like a firearm under existing safeguards.
● A01249, Zabel; Bans the sale or transfer of completely non-metal firearms because of their ability to evade metal detectors, posing a public safety risk.
● A0135, Boyle: Limits access to large capacity magazines able to hold more than 15 rounds of ammunition or five continuously fed shotgun shells because they are often used in mass shootings.
4 More Pennsylvanians across the region are carrying concealed firearms, officials say. Chambersburg Public Opinion, Feb 23, 2021.5 New online option for concealed carry gun permit available in Fayette County. Herald-Standard, May 18, 2021. 6 Law enforcement leaders voice opposition to bills allowing unlicensed carry of handguns. CBS Austin, April 13, 2021
● A01242, Briggs: Creates a misdemeanor of the third degree if you fail to safely store your firearm and a minor gains access to it.
● A10348, Briggs: Requires individuals who have a license to carry a firearm to notify the sheriff’s office of a change of address within a short period after changing their driver’s license. ● A01246, Bullock: Prohibits possession of a firearm in a public park, recreation center, or pool owned or operated by the government.
● A01290, Bullock: Creates a grant program at PCCD to fund local efforts to reduce gun violence in municipalities facing high levels of homicide.
● A01302, Daley: Safeguards voting locations by prohibiting firearms at them; ● A01244, Gainey: Bans assault weapons that are often used in mass shootings to kill multiple people;
● A01295, Kinkead: Establishes Extreme Risk Protection Orders to provide a mechanism that would allow the temporary removal of a firearm from someone extremely likely to hurt themselves or others.
● A01299, Rabb: Cuts a source of illegal firearms by requiring gun owners to report a lost or stolen firearm within a short time period after discovering it is missing.
● A01238, Sanchez: Prohibits the sale of bumpstock because they are designed to increase the rate of fire for semi-automatic weapons, as evidenced in mass shootings like Las Vegas. ● A01236, Shusterman: Expands prohibition of firearms from courts to all government buildings, helping reduce likelihood of shooting as has happened in multiple Pennsylvania townships. ● A01256, Solomon: Closes a loophole that allows guns to be sold or given at gun shows without a background check.